Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Carefree like a bird...

There are days, there are moments, when I wish I was a bird...  As I watch them dance through the air in such a carefree manner, I long to be like them, to be able to fly free with no cares, no stress, no worries.  I long to be able to fly out of sheer joy and pleasure with no thoughts of the time, the day, or the season.  I also wonder what they think of... What is going on inside the head of a barn swallow as it soars through the air, high one moment, and then dropping quickly down within inches of the ground the next?  Is food it's only goal, or is there some higher pleasure that it takes in feeling the wind in it's face?
But as I wish I could be like the birds, I remember... They have no ability to love, to feel joy...to know God.  Their life may seem like happiness, but really we are so blesses.  We can feel the love of another person.  We  can experience joy in life.  We can have a personal, loving relationship with the One who created the birds...Jesus.  And that, I realize with a smile, is so much better...

1 comment:

  1. Very inspirational! You have the best insight on this... I often have feelings of "I want to just be WORRY FREE!" But when I stop and remember everything that God is doing with me and through me it makes everything better.... besides- birds can't make awesome whole wheat English muffins. :) xo

    ReplyDelete