Monday, July 11, 2011

This dream I have...

Well from the 'About Me' section, you know already that I love to bake.  I always have, ever since I started baking with my mom at about age 4.  I love to work with dough and figure out new combinations that are taste amazing.  Ive always played around with the idea of starting a bakery of my own someday, but I never had a definite direction I wanted to take with it.  So for years it's just been an idea that passes through my mind every once in a while.  But, now that I have been working in Germany as a chef assistant, I have realized just how much I would love to have my own place to bake for others and share good bread and unique creations.  One day, a few weeks ago, I was making pita bread, the way my mom taught me, and the way she was taught by a friend from Jordan, and it dawned on me that I could combine my love for baking with my love for travels and other cultures.  My vision for my bakery would be a place where people can come and get healthy, all-natural, from scratch bread that is not found in your normal supermarket.  It would also be a place for community.  It would be a place where diversity is celebrated and where people can enjoy other cultures through good bread.  Also, because I always do my best to eat as healthy as possible (except of course for when I must give in to my nagging sweet tooth), I would make all my bread healthy, but not boring.  So many people do not eat healthy breads because to them, healthy breads are dark, tasteless, and down-right not tasty.  This will not be true of my breads...  Because I am vegetarian, I would include vegan and vegetarian breads as well...
So this is my idea...I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!  Would you go to a bakery like this?  I have never looked into the details of starting a business before, so with the economy, do you think it is possible?  Please help me out!  And continue to read as I share my journey around the world in search of good bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment